At least, that’s the gist of what I was told this Monday. According to Bossman there’s no need for the position they were training me for. Please note, no actual training ever took place during the past two months (Except for the training I gave my replacement, of course). Opportunities to use me in the capacity he envisioned just weren’t materializing as quickly as expected. So, essentially, I finish out this month and proceed with my previously scheduled firing from two months ago.
“Unless something happens to pop up,” he said.
What the hell kind of bullshit is that!?! I’ll say this much: Once I leave, there’s no way in hell I’m going back. Thanks for the free coffee, asshole! Sayonara! On a side note, if you haven’t read my article at Sprocket Ink from yesterday, he inspired it. Go see.
Anyway, it seems like I’m going to have me a little free time next week so I’ve started compiling a list of activities to keep myself occupied while I seek new employment.
- Gaming: In an effort to be more focused during a grueling semester, I disabled my World of Warcraft account.
I know! Crazy, right?
Well considering the financial hit we just took I consider it prudent to leave it as is for the time being *sobs*. I’ll have to settle for other options like...
Regaining the gold trophy I earned in Plants Vs. Zombies – I accidentally deleted my profile when my old netbook died. This has been a source of great irritation to me. Up till now, I haven’t had the time to start over.
Get those last two golden eggs in my PC version of Angry Birds. Getting all three stars in those the levels is HARD
If nothing else, I can see what the replay value really is on the titles I have stacked aside.
- Heavy alcohol consumption (along with, but not limited to): Crying, breaking things, feelings of reduced self-worth and self-confidence, binge eating, more crying, etc.
Nah! Just kidding on this one.
- Blogging and blog reading: There are a ton of blogs I follow but I must admit to being a very crappy follower. There just never seems to be enough time to read them all and even comment on all the ones I do read. I guess, for now at least, I’ll be able to catch up.
- Books: My library card has been feel ing a little neglected of late. Time to rectify that.
- Movies: I have a stack of them that I’ve been getting around to. Is that Vince Vaughn/Kevin James movie any good?
- Fixing the leaky kitchen faucet: Okay, really! It’s been months! How hard is it to change a washer? I know there are others like myself who know all too well the inherent dangers of DIY projects but really! Wish me luck on this one.
- Finding another job: That one’s important. Gotta remember to do that one.
In truth, most of these will only keep me occupied until the end of next week. I’ll have to play it by ear from there.
That is unless one of you guy have something for me to do.
No, really! Skills include witty comments and ability to laugh at self. Throw me a bone here, guys.