Wednesday, March 14, 2012

SnapIt - The Time I Tried To Review A Product.

The other day I got an email from someone asking me to review their software. Now, while I don't normally do that kind of stuff, I decided, "What the hell?" and said yes. Plus, I thought maybe it would lead to other offers which would lead to tons of money and me realizing my dream of quitting my job and being able to live off money I make from the internet.

Sounds realistic, right?

Anyway, I'm sure some of you may have heard about SnapIt Screen Capture software.
It's an easy-to-use screen capture software that not only allows you to capture any image from your computer screen, but let's you drag and select the part of the image you want.
As the website describes this Screen Capture Software:

Capture anything you see on your PC screen with SnapIt. It is convenient tool for graphic designers, bloggers who capture and crop images for their posts, for tech writers who need to describe menus and interfaces of applications, web designers and those who work with graphics every day. It captures and auto saves images with one click.

- Supports hotkeys, auto-saving, clipboard
- Automatically copies screenshots to the clipboard
- Tracks capture history, auto-saves captured images
- Saves files in BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG and TIFF formats
-Auto-names captured images

So I gave the free trial version a spin and they're right about it being a very easy-to-use software. You just preset where you want your image saved, what format you want it saved in and you're set. When you want to capture an image all you have to do is hit 'PrintScreen' (that is set by default but you can change it if you like).

So let's say we use this pic from a recent Sprocket Ink post I did:
Once you have the pic up on your screen, just hit 'PrintScreen' and drag and select any area of the screen you want. Like so:
or so:
or so:
or so:
You get the idea.

That's all there is to it! It's process light, so it wont slow your computer down and under US$20. (US$17.99 to be exact). Not bad if you have images to crop and don't want to go get a degree in computing to use some complicated program.
Enhanced by Zemanta

24 comments:

  1. The best part of this review is what you filed it under. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something about combining the words 'Japan' & 'boobies' that just works.

      Delete
    2. I'm trying to get more views. Maybe I should just start putting everything under Japan and Boobies. Hmmm....

      Delete
    3. It works for me, so I stand behind the method.

      Delete
  2. I'm sure this review will lead to living your dream of boobies, I mean creative financial freedom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you look at even ugly rich men, once you get financial freedom, you can easily have both...

      Delete
    2. Wait... You're not calling me 'ugly', right? ;)

      Delete
  3. I like how you cut straight to the chase and focus on the important parts of things. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am focused. Usually just below the neck.

      Delete
  4. I woke up this morning and wondered what software do I need to complete my internet experience?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gee, there seems to be a theme here. Just . . . Can't . . . .put. Oh! Got it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess this program cuts out the regular PrtSc button option of then having to use a photo editing program?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It doesn't exactly cut the middle man out, just gives him something meaningful to do.

      Delete
  7. but there are free programs out there that do the same thing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. I've used some of them. Most tend to be a bit more process heavy, though. Who wants screen capture software that slows your computer down?

      Delete
  8. How about you just email the screenshots that you crop because it looks like we have the same taste in photos. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. I must warn you, my collection's pretty extensive.

      Delete
  9. And how mad did Mrs. C get at this post? Just curious :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually she hasn't seen it. For some strange reason she hasn't been reading my posts recently.

      Delete

Go ahead, say it! You know you want to: