Uh... Hello? (thump, thump, thump) Is this thing on?... H-Hi, everyone. My name is Kevin & I'll be your blogger today... - Corny, I know. I'm not the best at openings. I promise to get better as I do this more.
Soooo, anyhoo, like I said, my name's Kevin & I've decided to give “blogging” a try. Why? Sanity! That's my main reason. I've gone through a lot of stuff – especially in the last year or so – but I've never been comfortable talking. I repress my feelings, hopes, dreams, fears - blah, blah, blah! - you get the deal. To be honest, I don't know how many people – if any – read this. I just need to start letting out all the stuff that's been swirling around inside out & since I don't like talking, writing will have to do. Just getting it out on paper might be just the therapy I need – I know it isn't real paper but that's what my computer makes it look like so that's what I'll call it.
That being said, if anyone else does read this, I'll make another promise: I'm not going to be a whiny crybaby or regale you with tales of what morning oatmeal or the cute things my goldfish do – don't really have any, by the way... they're all dead now – but, alive or not, not gonna happen.
Still with me? Okay. Guess it's time I told you a little something about me:
- I was born, raised & still live in the country of Trinidad & Tobago, in the Caribbean. I only got my passport the year before & I've never used it.
- I'm thirty-two (though people swear I look in my early twenties – yesss!)
- I'm a christian – don't worry, I'm not here to preach sermons. I'm still a “work in progress” anyway & I'll leave that to those more educated & skilled that I.
- I have been married almost seven years to a woman I had a steady relationship for seven years before that (I'll do the math for you: that's fourteen years together).
- I'm not a social person, as you've probably guessed. I prefer to be left alone most of the time, I hate being the center of attention & I hate crowds – my worst day would involve being the center of attention of a crowd. This includes meetings, presentations, angry mobs, etc.
- I'm also a gamer/computer geek – I doubt anyone's surprised by this revelation.
There's more but I'll drop little tidbits every now & then instead of giving it all up on the first date.
So what makes me think I have something others will want to read about? I dunno. I'm not really an expert at anything. All I can say is that I'm good at observing & analyzing things & gleaning my own perspective from what I observe. That, combined with my wit, charm & good looks & we got a party. I, of course, have my likes & dislikes – which range from petty annoyances to things that really tick me off – which I will talk about from-time-to-time.
I'd probably do worse trying to put in a clever closing than I did in the opening so I'll spare you. I'll just say “thanks” for reading & hope to see you later.