Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Reality Hits Home.

NOVEMBER 16, 2015 - Evening: My wife are sitting in bed, indulging in whatever distraction our respective mobile devices have to offer. Suddenly I see a headline on my stream...

Me: I'm going to tell you something... but... please don't overreact.
Mrs C: ...
Me: The movie, Home Alone, is 25 years old today.

She straightens up, eyes slowly lifting from her phone's screen. They widen as she turns towards me. Her jaw slackens as if to say something but words fail to form. I reach over and gently pat her on the shoulder.

Me: There, there...
Mrs C: I... But I-
Me: I know... I know...
Mrs C: I'm done! I'm not paying attention to these types of stories anymore!

11 comments:

  1. And Macauley Culkin is still a little creep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've seen the photos. The years have not been kind to him.

      Delete
  2. And I thought my kids were the experts at making me feel old . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't blame me! I'm just the bringer of the bad news the internet so readily supplies.

      Delete
  3. I honestly thought it was older than that so this is a relief. I hate those "guess how old ___ is!?!" designed to make people feel old with the simple passage of time. I gave up on that when I learned I'm older than Pac-Man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just Googled & realized I'm older than Pac-Man too... Holy crap!

      Delete
  4. I know eh? And I have a 21 year old who would probably be appalled at this fact.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Speaking of kids, Mrs C & I were saying just the other day that, if we had kids &, added to that, slipped-up & got pregnant as soon as we started dating, we'd be parents of an eighteen-year-old right now.

      We never spoke of it again.

      Delete
  5. Time has a tendency to fly, that's for sure. I remember being what I consider "older" when "Home Alone" came out. Now, you're telling me it's 25 years old?
    Soft foods, Catheter Sample Packs, and stretch pants, here I come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually... I have to admit the stretch pants don't sound so bad... Let's not let too many people know I said that.

      Delete
  6. GAWD.ONE step closer to pants that belt below your chest.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, say it! You know you want to: