Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I'm Okay!

No, this isn't an apology for not posting in a long while post. I posted just last Tuesday, if you recall. I'm just letting you all know that after last Tuesday's post, I wasn't the victim of a horrible auto-erotic asphyxiation experiment-gone-wrong at the hands of my lovely wife, Mrs. C. While she does often express the desire to strangle me, it's usually not (actually never) in any kind of erotic sense.

Anyway, I'm alright, which means things went well with what I now call Operation Valentine. She loved getting the book. Her appreciation for the gift was even greater since she really wasn't expecting anything at all this year. That morning, I hid the book in her bag and pretended like everything was normal. Later on, I got the email:

Mrs. C: You sneaky little devil. THANK YOU!!!

That's when the roses arrived. Yeah! You read right. ROSES. Every year, Mrs. C insists she gets roses on Valentine's Day. She doesn't care what flower is more trendy (or what's cheaper), she wants red roses. Period! Nothing else will do. I usually screw up the flowers part by waiting until the last possible minute to go out and get something, but this year I made the effort to not wait until the flower shop was closing on Valentine's Day to see what they had left.

As I said, she wasn't expecting, so she was pleasantly surprised, to say the least. The icing on the cake was when I suggested she check in her handbag too. She was so happy, in fact, she took a picture of her Valentine's Day loot and posted it on her own Facebook & Twitter profiles.
Then she told everyone (friends and coworkers) that the book was my idea...

Because obviously a lady must preserve her reputation. her husband, however, yeah, let people think he's the freak in the relationship.

So, to be honest, if there was any reason for me being quiet for the past week, it's because things went really, really well with Operation Valentine, leaving me really, REALLY tired these past few days. As I said before, I'll leave it up to your imaginations.

Speaking of imaginations...
Can you imagine it's Tuesday already? You know what that means, right? Yes! It's time for me to drop some knowledge on you all with another informative and entertaining article over at Sprocket Ink.

Totally!!!

This time we have espionage, intrigue and cyber-crime that may or may not be supported by a certain Asian government (and, no, it's not Japan). At the very least, they seem to be putting their hackers up in a nice place. So click on the LINK, the official SI badge over to the upper right or visit my Me & Sprocket Ink tab up top. You won't be sorry you did.

9 comments:

  1. Happy to hear Mrs. C liked her gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah. She does. So far, I'm liking her them too, if you know what I mean...

      Delete
    2. What I meant was *I'm liking her liking them...*

      SIGH!!!

      Think I need to go back to proof-reading everything I write about four or five times before I hit "publish". It's obvious I'm not ready to take the training wheels off yet.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yeah? By that, I hope you mean I'm not the only one who had a successful Valentine's Day.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. If it's for the same reason as mine, it's a good kind of tired. Isn't it?

      Delete
  4. Okay. Good!

    Your pitch includes Bruce Willis I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the flowers are just lovely, she is a very lucky lady.
    No flowers for me this year, it was a stinker of a day and with roses increasing in price by about 10X on the 14th, I told hubby not to bother.
    We just enjoyed the day in other ways

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, say it! You know you want to: