Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Conversations With Mrs. C - More Pillow Talk

The other night, after my wife and I settled into bed.

Mrs. C: I can't wait until I get my new Blackberry! This old phone is getting on my nerves.
Me: When are you supposed to get it?
Mrs. C: The guy said he would get more in stock by next week. It feels so far away. SIGH!

(Just to clarify: "The guy" is coworker of Mrs. C's who imports new phones and sells them cheaper than the stores.)

Me: It's just a week. You can survive.
Mrs. C: I know... But maybe I could take one of the other models. He has the Torch in stock. Maybe I can take that instead.
Me: Do you want the Torch?
Mrs. C: It's not bad. I really love the Bold, but the Torch can do basically the same stuff.
Me: Well, if you're okay with it...
Mrs. C: Maybe I should wait. I don't want to jump the brush.
Me: You mean "jump the gun".
Mrs. C: Oh yeah. I got it confused with "rush the gun".
Me: That's "rush the brush".

(Trini-Talk Translation: "Rush the brush" is a local variation of "jump the gun").

Mrs. C: Oh... yeah... That's what I meant. I guess I was mixing my euphemisms.
Me: You mean "mixing your metaphors".
Mrs. C: Right, what you said.
Me: ...Go to sleep.
Mrs. C: (Rolls on her side and pulls covers) That was classic! This is so bloggable.
Me: Way ahead of you.

16 comments:

  1. I love Conversations with Mrs. C. - xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I. She makes sure I'm never without blogging material.

      Delete
  2. I've missed being here and that post gave me a smile...and maybe a little giggle or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As it so happens, I do it all for the smiles & giggles. I missed having you around too.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. We're a regular comedic duo. We should sell tickets to our lives.

      Delete
  4. LOL! That's sitcom material right there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We took our act on the road once. Made the bag boy in the grocery laugh while he was packing our goods.

      Delete
  5. Still waiting for your husband/wife sitcom. AND, I hope to see a six million dollar man slow-motion episode!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Way ahead of you" haha, I bet you keep a keyboard under the covers to type as it happens. Ha.
    ...
    No Vinny - don't rush out to your bed to hook things up. Mrs C will hate me and she doesn't even know me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to fear. In instances like those, I type up the post real quick on my Blackberry. Makes it way easier to hide it.

      Delete
    2. Absolutely a classic blogging moment.

      Delete
  7. And some day I will figure out how to follow you using my Blogger profile, since I don't have a FB account!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been having trouble with Blogger & managing my reading list too. One that always seems to work is to add the URL (For example - http://asvinnycsit.blogspot.com) from the Blogger dashboard.

      Hope that helps.

      Delete
  8. Your pillow talk is so hilarious! I am famous for botching up all words, metaphors, cliches and whatever, so I don't feel so bad now!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, say it! You know you want to: