Thursday, January 12, 2012

Conversations With Mrs. C - The Day Off.

The end of last week:

Me: I have to work on Sunday.
Mrs. C: That sucks.
Me: Yeah. But they have to give me a day off in the week in exchange. So I'm home on Thursday so I can get to-
Mrs. C: Really?! Awesome! I didn't say anything but I'm going on vacation next week! So I'll be home too!
Me: Wow... that's... that's great...
Mrs. C: I know! Right?! Ooh! Ooh! Know what? We can spend the entire day together! We can go to the movies, maybe can grab something to eat after. Won't that be awesome?!
Me: Um... Yeah... I guess...
Mrs. C: And since we're both home on Thursday we can get a jump on this weekend's housework and probably do the laundry and go get the groceries and then I need to run to the bank and deposit Evie's pension cheque and not to mention I have to cook so you'll be helping me with that too and while we're at it you're due for another haircut and you could totally get that done on Thursday so we can free things up on Saturday because we have that thing with my sister but now that I think about it that sounds like a lot so we'll probably have to forget going to the movies and do it some other time and we'll probably have to get up early to make sure we get everything done and then we'll have to...
Me: ...Uhhhhh...

********

Quick! Before she comes back. Go see what I did on Sprocket Ink today. K' bye.

11 comments:

  1. Oh no!! They REALLY need you to work Thursday after all!

    You'd usually say no, but they REALLY REALLY need you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did she take a breath during her excitement? Maybe it's not too late to pick up a second job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...
    Nope, I am still stunned by that commercial...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Idahomie: Nope. She didn't buy that.

    @ Pickleope: The idea did cross my mind. Unfortunately, I don't think it would cause her to let up.

    @ Sprite: Maybe you could go back over to Sprocket & watch it a few times more. You know you want to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Nubian: Yes, she totally rules... Sometimes with an iron fist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cracked me up! A much needed laugh was had after reading your encounter with Mrs. C - we all have a Mrs. C in our worlds it seems!

    As to your comment on my site, re trying the new commenting system out...so far it seems to be working beautifully...give it another try and see what happens!

    Cheers, Jenny @ PEARSON REPORT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read Mrs. C's part to my hubby exactly as typed with no pauses and he didn't even bat an eyelash. I guess Mrs. C and I have conversational speaking like that in common.
    We have to get it all out in the open before it slips our minds and we forget what we had planned, or you decided to get up and leave the room. Kid you not, pause for a breath and my hubby decides he needs to do something else..elsewhere of course.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had this exact same conversation with my wife except remove almost everything that's said but leave "and you'll be helping me with that too."
    *sad trombone*

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is sooo familiar, think I watched that show 5 minutes ago.

    Day off. Day of. They sound too similar.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Pearson Report: Glad I could be of service.

    I'll give it a try again & see if it works for me this time.

    @ hisqueen: Dang! Sounds like you all are already on to our strategy.

    @ dbs: Mrs. C doesn't have to say that too much. It's implied.

    @ AC: At least I'm not alone in this. Can't decide whether that's a good or a bad thing, though.

    ReplyDelete

Go Ahead, Say It! You Know You Want To: