Thursday, July 7, 2011

Conversations With Mrs. C – All In A Day’s Work?

Mrs. C isn’t the best when it comes to dealing with stress. She especially doesn’t handle people stressing her out very well at all. But, based on a telephone conversation we had two days ago I think she’s learning:

Me: How’s your day going?
Mrs. C: Crappy! The manager’s being a total bitch today.
Me: Sorry to hear it.
Mrs. C: It’s alright. I’ve been working on dealing with situations like this.
Me: Really? Good for you!
Mrs. C: Well, you helped.
Me: I did?
Mrs. C: Haven’t you noticed I’ve been really nice to you these days? Every time you do something to annoy me, I use that as an opportunity to practice keeping my cool.
Me: Gee… Thanks for that. Thanks a lot.
Mrs. C: No! Thank you.

Major Annoyance

********
Well I hope you enjoyed that. Now get over to Sprocket Ink, citizen. There is more fun there to be had. That's an order, soldier!

9 comments:

  1. That's up there with

    "You make me feel so good about myself."
    "Aw, thanks honey."
    "Yeah, when I look at you, I feel quite put together in comparison."
    "Wait a minute I-"
    "Plus I feel so much less fat when I see your belly."

    Maybe I made that up, maybe I didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *slap* *slap*

    Wow Vinny. But I'm glad you are using your super powers for good instead of evil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Oilfield: I guess I should be thankful that she at least sees a silver lining. Right?

    @ Kev D.: That conversation seems oddly familiar as well...

    @ Torystellar: The power of annoying is not to be ill-used or taken lightly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of Major Annoyance, maybe he could team up with General Ignorance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Tony Van Helsing: I like the idea. I won't even need to hire a sidekick. I'm sure I've played both roles together successfully in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Building a shrine to Mrs. C.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Nubian: I'm so screwed if she ever starts her own blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha!
    (Also enjoyed what KevD. said.)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, say it! You know you want to: