Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Conversations With Mrs. C - Why She's A Keeper

Having to take classes on Sundays this past semester I was often forced to miss church. Mrs. C still went on her own, though. One of those Sundays, a few weeks ago, I got home and she was lazily lying on the couch flipping through the channels.

Me: Hey, babe. How was church?

No answer. She was so intently focused on her channel surfing, you see.

Me: Well?
Her: Awesome.
Me: Really? (I sensed something was up). So what was the message from the service about?
Her: Ummm... Awesomeness.

I look at her for a few seconds. She, on the other hand, makes no attempt to make eye contact. Instead she continued her channel surfing.

Me: You didn't go, did you?
Her: Nope. Now shut up. I want to watch this.

********

Just a little something to warm you up. Now go read my real post over at Sprocket Ink.

6 comments:

  1. That sounds like something that I would say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missing church can be so gratifying sometimes. (Oops. Did I say that out loud?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. some days that lazy, quiet time can feel so valuable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA! I'd love to hear that service :)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, say it! You know you want to: