Monday, October 18, 2010

Mon-day: A Parody

This weekend I was went on office lime (Trini talk for get-together) and as I sat there looking around at all the people I share my work-week with I just felt inspired. The way I see it, with all our differences there’s one thing that connects us – and all working stiffs doing a nine-to-five:

Wake up Monday morning feelin' really shitty.
Wanna stick my head outside my window and yell, "F--- THIS CITY!!!"
Instead, stagger outta bed and hit the can.
That's when I realize that I overslept again.

So I take a shower & throw on my clothes (clothes)
Clean the crud from my eyes and nose (nose)
Gonna miss the bus, I just know.
I’m still hung over from last night’s binge
I’ll never drink tequila again
Never drink tequila again (Probably drink tequila again)

CHORUS:
Don’t start! Back up off me
I’m not in the mood today
Till I get some coffee
Just stay outta my way
Mon-day is here
And I’m already late. I gotta go o o-o (go o o-o)
(Repeat)

Now as I step into the office they all stop & stare
That’s when I realize that I forgot to comb my hair
So I run up to the washroom to run my fingers through
Dry it off with a paper towel. That’ll have to do

Then I hurry back to my desk (desk)
Supervisor’s givin’ me stress (stress)
Co-worker’s bein’ a pest
Gotta get to the meeting fast
Worried that Ke$ha gonna sue my ass
Ke$ha, please sue my ass.

(CHORUS X2)

I watch the clock
Put my head down
It’s only a quarter to three

Four more days again
‘Til the weekend
Man I can’t wait ‘til Friday

Watch the clock again
I'm considering
Throwin' my desk phone out a window

Four more days again
‘Til the weekend
Man I can’t wait ‘til Friday

Then this weekend I’m gonna party again

(CHORUS X2)

the end...

I’m currently in negotiations with Mrs. C to provide vocals. The current offer on the table is 95% of my monthly paycheck. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, say it! You know you want to: